Ericsson, the Swedish telecom equipment giant, yesterday announced its financial & operational performance results, ending year 2011.
The key highlights of Ericsson’s performance in year 2011 are:
- The revenue grew by 12%, reaching to $203 billion as on Q4 2011, driven by strong demand for mobile broadband along with network rollout services.
- Net Income through operations grew 12%, reaching to $11.2 billion as on Q4 2011.
- Software represented 24%, hardware 37% and services 39% of total sales in 2011 and 10% of market share in telecom services, larger than any other competitor in the segment.
- In 2011, gross margin declined from 38.2% to 35.1% due to higher share of coverage projects, network modernization projects in Europe and 3G rollouts in India.
- Mobile Network equipment market grew by 6% and now accounts for 38% of total mobile network market equipment globally, twice higher than second nearest competitor.
- Managed Services sales increased by 13% year-over-year to $5.4 and 14% sequentially, mainly driven by India and Latin America. Ericsson managed to sign 70 new managed services contract in 2011, including latest with Idea Cellular in 5 states in India.
- RBS 6000, the multi standard (GSM, WCDMA/HSPA, CDMA, LTE) radio base station, now accounts for close to 100% of base station deliveries.
For more details of financials results, kindly check here.